Philips Respironics Voluntary Recall
Philips has issued a voluntary recall for their Dreamstation CPAP device due to two issues related to the polyester-based polyurethane (PE-PUR) sound abatement foam used in this device. For information on the Recall Notice, see a complete list of impacted products and potential health risks, please visit philips.com/src-update.
What should you do if you use a Philips Dreamstation PAP device?
- Visit the Philips Product Registration page.
- Follow the registration process and enter your device serial number to check if your unit is affected by the recall. If your unit is listed as being affected, begin a claim with Philips.
- Call Philips at 1-877-907-7508 if you have questions about your device.
If your device is affected by the recall:
Philips advises you to discontinue use of your device and work with your physician to determine the most appropriate options for continued treatment. To continue use of your device due to lack of alternatives, they advise you to consult with your physician to determine if the benefit of continuing therapy with your device outweighs the risks identified in the recall notification.
How do I replace my affected device?
- If you have had your device for less than 5 years, contact Philips directly to begin the registration process for a replacement or repair.
- If you have had your device for more than 5 years, you will need to order a new device. To do so, please contact US MED Customer Service at 800-787-6331.