March 23, 2018
Top 10 Reasons To Use Your CPAP Machine
Around 25 million Americans experience OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea), and approximately 60% of them actually utilize a CPAP machine nightly. Incorporating CPAP therapy can be difficult, but OSA is a risky condition that does not improve on it’s own. Here…
Share This Story
Around 25 million Americans experience OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea), and approximately 60% of them actually utilize a CPAP machine nightly. Incorporating CPAP therapy can be difficult, but OSA is a risky condition that does not improve on it’s own. Here are some top ten reasons to make CPAP a part of your nightly ritual:
1. Energy Levels
After a few weeks of consistent use, CPAP therapy may improve energy levels. (2)
2. Heart Health
Sleeping disorders can cause high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke. CPAP therapy may help significantly lower blood pressure, reducing the need for blood pressure medications. (3)
3. Variety of CPAP Machine Models
Different sleeping patterns require varied settings and features to promote healthy breathing. APAP machines for example adjust the ideal pressure based on detection of the patient’s breathing.
4. True Beauty Sleep
New research indicates patients that practiced consistent CPAP therapy reduced facial puffiness and redness promoting a more youthful appearance.(4)
5. Mutual Quality Rest
Snoring is usually due to obstructive sleep apnea, and without effective therapy, you may not be the only one losing sleep – it’s likely your bed partner is too. (5)
6. Better Intimacy
Research has shown continued use of CPAP therapy may greatly improve libido, sexual function, and satisfaction. (6)(7)(8)
There has been much development in travel-sized CPAP units recently, whether your traveling for leisure or work, it is essential to remember your CPAP machine.
8. Money Saver
Managing other existent diseases and complications may result in decreased doctor and hospital visits, and possibly reduce the need for prescriptions, therefore saving you time and money.
9. Better Diabetic Control
10. Prevent Hearing Loss
Steady use of CPAP therapy can reduce and even prevent snoring which has been known to cause noise trauma and hearing impairment. (11)
- (1) “When Things Go Wrong With PAP” – Sleep Apnea.org, 2015.
- (2) “CPAP Users Feel Refreshed” – Sleep Education.org, January 2011.
- (3) “Sleep Apnea And Heart Disease” – Sleep Foundation.org, 2016.
- (4) “Sleep Better, Look Better” – eurekalert.org, September 2013.
- (5) “The Effect Of Snoring…” – Pub Med.gov, October 1999.
- (6) “Treating Sleep Apnea, Better In Bed” – Sleep Dr.com, February 2014.
- (7) “CPAP Found To Improve Sexual Function” – Medical News Today.com, June 2012.
- (8) “Outcome Of CPAP Treatment On Intimate” – Pub Med.gov, June 2010.
- (9) “Sleep Apnea” – Sleep Apnea.org, 2015.
- (10) “Diabetes And Sleep Apnea” – Diabetic Living Online.com, 2016.
- (11) “Sleep Apnea Linked To Hearing Loss” – SoundSleepInstitute.com, July 2014.