COVID-19 UPDATE: US MED continues to operate during regular business hours.
AN INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO CONTINUOUS INSULIN DELIVERY
OmniPod® is a completely tubeless system containing an internal reservoir, insertion components and pumping mechanism in one pod.
Get answers to frequently asked diabetes testing supply questions here.
- Delivers insulin without shots or tubing
- Insulin reservoir, angled infusion, automated inserter, pumping mechanism and power supply are all built-in
- Inserts cannula automatically, then needle retracts
- Wirelessly communicates with a Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) (Not Waterproof)
- The PDM includes an integrated blood glucose meter that can be used to check blood glucose and integrates with on-board suggested bolus calculator
- PDM stores and summarizes insulin delivery, blood glucose and carbohydrate records
- Data is downloaded to the Glooko® Data Management System
- The handheld PDM works up to 5 ft. away
- Waterproof Insulin Pump (Pod)
- Memory: 90 days
- Use with Water: Waterproof – 25 ft. for 1 hr.
- Size of Pod: 1.53″ x 2.05″ x 0.57″
- Weight: 0.88 oz., when empty
- Battery: Two AAA alkaline batteries
- Backlight: Yes, PDM
- Screen Display: PDM – Large color LCD screen
- Available Colors: Black PDM
- Basal Rate Minimum Start: 0.05 units
- Total Basal Rates/Profiles: 7 programs with up to 24 segments each
- Temporary Basal Rate: Yes
- Minimum Bolus Increments: 0.5 units
- Reservoir Capacity: 200 units
- Data Management: CoPilot® Health Management System with OmniPod Extension v. 2.0
- Compatibility: Depends on program
This product may be covered by your insurance. Check now or call us at 877-840-8218
FAQs - Insulin Pumps
The Insulet OmniPod system is built for use with rapid-acting insulin. The analogs NovoLog/NovoRapid, Humalog, Fiasp and Apidra have been tested and found safe to use with this system.
The system can hold up to 200 units of insulin at a time. At minimum, the system requires 85 units of insulin to begin operating
You can fill a new Pod by using the fill needle and syringe included in its package. Other needles or filling devices should not be used with the Insulet OmniPod system.
US Med Customer?
If you're an existing customer, the easiest way to manage your account is by logging into the patient portal.
Interested in Becoming a US MED Customer?
It's simple, fast and easy! Just complete a quick form or call 1-877-840-8218 now and let us take care of the rest.